Purpose-driven companies (PDCs) have unique advantages when it comes to building audiences and achieving profitability. Here are 16 facts that underscore that potential.
- Purpose-Driven Companies Achieve Higher Success Trajectories More Quickly
- 78% of consumers would tell others to buy from PDCs versus non-PDCs
- 80% of consumers are loyal to PDCs that help them achieve Good Life (balance/simplicity, meaningful connections, money and status, personal achievement)
- 79% of consumers have deep loyalty to PDCs; 73% would forgive a misdeed
- 64% of consumers will buy or boycott based on a PDC’s position on sociopolitical issues
- PDCs typically have three times more information of interest than their competitors
- 68% of consumers are more willing to share content generated by PDCs
- Two-thirds of consumers will pay more for products from PDCs
- On average, 70% of shoppers will pay a premium of 35% for PDC-driven products/service
Purpose-Driven Companies Please Investors
Investors believe PDCs are able to transform and innovate better.
- PDC investment booming up 25% over past two years
- PDCs have seen valuation surge by 175% over past 12 years (versus 70% for non-PDC)
PDCs with engaged management exhibit superior accounting and stock market performance.
- Over a ten-year period, stock in PDCs outperform their competitors by a factor of 12.
Purpose-driven companies are particularly successful in recessions.
- Purpose-driven companies achieved 51% annual growth rate during 2008 recession
- From 1996-2013, they grew 1681% as compared to S&P average of 118%
- In UK, PDCs are growing 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%
- In last recession, PDCs were 63% more likely to survive than other businesses of similar size.
For a link to bibliographic resources for these statistics, click here.